Visualizing data is great, but at some point you're going to want to interact with it.
An action is a button that triggers server-side logic through an API call. Without a single line of code, Forest Admin natively supports all common actions required on an admin interface such as CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete), sort, search, data export, and more.
In Forest Admin, all the available actions can fall into 2 categories.
- Create: create a new record in a given collection (1)
- Duplicate: create a new record from an existing one (2)
- Update: edit a record's data (3)
- Delete: remove a record (4)
Triggering an action is very simple, but the behavior can differ according to the type of action.
There are 3 types of actions :
- Bulk actions: the action will be available when you click on one or several desired records
- Single actions: the action is only available for one selected record at a time
- Global actions: the action is always available and will be executed on all records
In the following pages, we'll cover everything you need to know about interacting with your data through actions.